Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School

Elisabeth wanted to do something special with her hair on the first day. This as good as it gets with me as her mom. But it is better than I did yesterday so I am proud of the progress I made.


The Back to school crew. Joe is going into 6th, Elisabeth is going into 3rd and Lincoln is going into 1st grade.



Can you tell Sam is a little sad about his siblings leaving him alone with his Mom? Plans for celebration? Lunch with Dad for Mom and Sam and a family outing to Harry Potter this evening!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Great looking school crew. Spencer didn't mind Lauren heading off to school today. Must be because he has a cousin, two uncles and an aunt at home with him right now. Tomorrow morning might be a bit different.

Kristin said...

He also has a little sister. It is more fun to be the oldest kid at home than it is to be the only kid at home.

Amber Rae said...

Ahh, poor Sammy. Sounds like you are making it up to him though. One of my favorite memories was when I was in kindergarten (where I went kindergarten was only half a day) was coming home and eating yogurt and doughnuts with my mom. I am sure Sam will make great memories too. And Elisabeth's hair looks great!

Robin said...

I can't do ANYTHING with "girl-hair." I wish I could take lessons, but sadly I don't think they would help. I guess I am just clumsy when it comes to that sort of thing. Elisabeth's braids DO look great.

I hope you and Sam have a lot to look forward to this year, being that it is his last year at home. Be adventurous! (And flexible with the definition of that word!) ;)

Congrats to your big kids heading back to school. Hope they all have a great year and enjoy their teachers, friends, and classes!