Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Wit of Wiz . . .


Kristin added me as a contributor, so I better throw my two cents in.
All of our kids are wonderfully conversationalists, and have great alternative perceptions on the world around them. Elisabeth, in particular, has startled and amused me in the past couple of weeks.
The other day we were walking across the Shop-Ko parking lot. Elisabeth noticed a shaved ice stand on the other side of the lot. She asked innocently enough, “Dad, could we get some shaved ice?”
I replied, “You don’t really want shaved ice, do you Elisabeth? It is raining! Shaved ice
is best when it is hot and sunny.”
Elisabeth looked at me with a scowl that barely concealed what appeared to be a surprisingly mature decade of teenage angst.
“Dad,” she said, pausing dramatically before dispelling my ignorance, “SOME people just really like shaved ice!”

Elisabeth episode two:
Kristin had built a tasty make-shift treat for the kids---Fresh Strawberries and Vanilla yogurt---with a bit of granola bar crush up on the top. Elisabeth tasted it an asked Kristin, “Mom, what is this stuff called?”
Kristin replied, “It is kind of like a parfait.”
“You know what I think would be a better name?” Elisabeth flatly stated, “Yogurt and Strawberries of Goodness +2”
That’s my girl!

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

Those will be some fun things to remember. Aren't kids so funny!