Monday, August 07, 2006

Post Vacation Blues


Here it is, the Monday after all the vacations of the summer are over and after the highlight of my son's baptism. (I will talk about what we did on a different blog.
I have mixed feelings right now. I have post vacation blues. I feel very relieved it is all over, since family vacations are never vacations for Mom really. Especially things like family reunions can be hard. You end up doing things you would never do on your own just because you don't want to be a spoil sport. It turns out being fun, but a lot of work.

I also feel sadness and emptiness because the things I have been looking forward to are now over. They have kept me going for a while now. Now I am just at home, the highlight of my day is that if I work hard, I can get my house in order again. Not as exciting as a road trip and a family reuinion, but a lot less stress.

The summer is coming to an end. That means my favorite season and favorite Holidays are around the corner so now I have new things to look forward to.

No comments: