Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cats 1, Tree 0

We finally got our tree yesterday. I have been dreading this day ever since it occurred to me that it is going to be a totally different experience with cats. I asked a number of friends who have cats for their advice and experiences. Some have had no problems with their cats but many of them have pretty much wished me good luck with a knowing smile on their faces.

I am thinking of keeping score in this battle of the pets versus the tree. Today: Cats 1, Tree 0.

We came home to the tree laying down on it's side today. We havn't decorated it yet so no harm done. I think we will be making our Christmas Tree ornaments out of paper this year and every year until things change in one way or another. It is too bad I have grown attached to our cats. If it had been our rats..they would have been OUT OF HERE!

5 comments:

Amber Rae said...

Yeah...Topaz knocked our tree over too, he's as bad as your cats. To bad I've grown attached to him too...

Robin said...

Ummm...the comment about rats...do you really have rats? Not pet ones, right? I hope the cats are able to compensate you for the toppled-down Christmas tree with some complimentary pest control. :)

Kristin said...

Robin, We had pet rats a few years ago. I never could get over the fact that they were RATS even though everyone else in the family could. Rats are actually pretty good pets, they are smart and never bit us once.
Amber, Awwww, and you can't use kid repellent on the tree or spray him with a water bottle every time he gets near the tree either so you are at an even greater disadvantage.

Andrea B. said...

Oh - sorry!! Good luck with it. Emma has recently been asking for a cat, but I can assure you that she won't get one and we won't have the cat vs. tree issue (Mike HATES cats).

Heidi said...

Your cats are so cute! Rats are popular pets right now. I just can't stand seeing their tails!