Saturday, December 27, 2008

Late, but Still Inspiring

When Tim and I visited England (1999) with his parents we stopped one evening at the York Ministry. There was a choir practicing inside and the music was ethereal and brought chills down our spines. Tim and I have agreed it was one of the most spiritual experiences of our lives. We have looked for music that sounded like it ever since. I just found a performance of a favorite German Christmas carol that I found very comparable.When I hear things this beautiful, I know there is something greater and glorious than what can be found in this sometimes dark and dreary world. Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

B.K. Stanley said...

You're right Kristin, that is beautiful. I too miss going to musical offerings in some of those old but gorgeous European cathedrals. Another one I especially remember was the Dresden Boys Choir early (like 5 AM) on Easter morning in one of them.