Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blogging is Soooo 2008 (and other ramblings on from a not so little woman)

Actually I hope not. It is looking that way for me right now though isn't it? Maybe it is something that is going out with the Bush administration. Maybe I am having a brain freeze with all the below freezing temperatures. I just havn't had a lot of ideas for Blog entrys lately. I apologize for being delinquent. Here is a blog to remind you why it isn't such a bad thing.

I watched "Little Women" with my daughter last night. The one with Susan Sarandon as Marmee and Christian Bale as the Laurie (speaking of being late, yes) last night. I read the book with Elisabeth last year so we wanted to see the movie of course. Very well done. Great acting, great casting, great music. The romance between Joe and Frederich was more believable and less pitiful than the one in "Sense and Sensiblity". I cried . . . a lot. I told Elisabeth I really liked it and she responded "Except you kept crying through it!" Of course I had to explain to her that isn't always a bad thing, unless you are a particular friend of mine who hates to cry during movies.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Little Women is my #1 favorite book (tied with "Cheaper by the Dozen). Penelope and I will read that too (we have a whole pile to get through first, including finishing the Little House books). This particular version of the movie is also my favorite. When I was young all I wanted was to be Jo (like all young women). Now I'm all about Marmee.

Heidi said...

Yeah, it's always hard to explain to your children that you are not crying because you are sad but because you are so happy. My children definitely do not get it. They just look at me like I'm a loony. : )

I too love this movie along with Pride and Prejudice the AE version that is 6 hours long. I just got it for Christmas on DVD and I am waiting for the perfect opportunity to get cozy and watch it for 6 hours straight!