Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kudos to Artificial Intelligence

I have been very successful with my goal in spending less time on my computer this year. I can't take all the credit though. I think a fan on my CPU is broken because my computer will shut itself off after about 30 to 45 minutes of use. The funny thing is my computer seems to know when I am done with what I need to do. If I am working on my budgeting, or an assignment and catching up on my blog it hasn't turned off. It's always when I start playing around, then my computer knows and shuts off. I love it! Maybe I should start calling my computer HAL. Or #13. It might be just a little too intelligent for my comfort. SPOOKY!

Tim's computer is completely broken so I think our tax return will be going to some newer computers. . . it is ridiculous how cheap it would be to buy MUCH better computers. Ours are pretty out of date. I would like one that turns itself off when I am starting to actually waste my time on it. This one has improved my quality of life more than I can say.

3 comments:

B.K. Stanley said...

Sometimes computers start thinking for you and personally I hate that. For instance, when you start to write a letter and the computer plops in the words for you after just a couple of letters are typed in, usually it has chosen the wrong word for me and then I have to deal with that. Don't let your computer suck up your agency Kristin! Good luck on the new ones if you get real money for tax returns rather than government I.O.U.s

Sarah said...

I could use a computer that decides I've had enough.

Andrea B. said...

It is a little spooky, but nice. Just remember to save often!