Friday, February 13, 2009

Mixed Messages

Last night Joe was very surprised to hear the following conversation between Tim and I at dinner. We have a Webelo in our den who's name is Nathan, who is also one of Joes friends.
K: I am so annoyed with Nathan's character. He used to be good but he made a total 180 degree turn to be a jerk. There is no reason for him to be doing this. It makes no sense. His dad was a jerk and they killed him off so now Nathan has taken his place. It is like they are just playing with our minds. It feels like they are trying to do an experiment, lets just play around and make this person good and this person bad this week and vice versa next week.
J: (hesitantly). . .Are you really going to do an experiment on Nathan?
It occurred to me at this point that Joe assumed we were talking about his friend and our Webelo and had no idea I was discussing Nathan Patrelli on "Heroes"
Poor Joe!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is too funny!!! It's a good thing he asked you instead of telling his friend you were going to experiment on him.

Unknown said...

I agree its a really good thing he asked instead of just going and telling his friend. Its funny how often kids tell people things they just misunderstood. Like when the boy told our ward I was pregnant, and when he told his teacher that I make him do ALL the laundry.