Monday, May 18, 2009

Found Keys and Aswered Prayers

Things like this happen to us all quite often. Then we forget about them. I wanted to record a simple but miraculous answer to a prayer today. I lost my keys. I looked EVERYWHERE! I looked in the morning and looked in the afternoon. I called places I thought they may have been left when I was out on Saturday. Nothing. I kept praying in my heart all day. . Help me find them PLEASE!
I decided to take a break for a while. As I was out checking on kids, the thought occured to me to take the trash out to the curb. I NEVER take my trash out before like 10 pm. Why not do it now though and get it out of the way. There was no way I was going to get any more trash in the cans anyway. But I had two more bags in the garage. I decided to try to stuff them in. As I opened the can I saw the bottom of my stuffed puffin's foot, the one attached to my key chain which was of course attached to my keys. PHEW!!!
I don't know how they got there but I know that If I hadn't decided to try to stuff in those last two bags I never would have found my keys. If I hadn't felt inspired to take the trash out in the afternoon instead of before I go to bed like I have done EVERY other time. . I never would have found those keys. It would have been night time. I never would have seen the little bird foot sticking out in the dark.
Thank Heaven for prayer and inspiration!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's amazing how answers to prayer come like that in simple ways. I'm so glad you listened.

Shell said...

Good for you. Those things do happen, probably more often than we realize, and it's so important to acknowledge them when we realize it. And thank you for sharing. The next time I 'forget' those things happen to me, I'll remember they happen to you too.