Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Silly Mom!

As we were sending children upstairs to bed I suddenly remembered that my job of homemaker was not done for the night. I had washed the boys' sheets and hadn't put them back on the beds.
ME: "Oh CRAP!!!!. . I just remembered I still need to make three beds before the kids can go to sleep" (Don't you LOVE that realization????!!!)
Sam: But mom we already have three beds! My bed, Lincoln's bed and Joe's bed. . three beds.

I guess I have THAT to be thankful for. Actually "making" beds would have been much much worse.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome. I love the way kids take things so literally.

Sarah said...

Too funny! At least you wash your kids' sheets.

Shell said...

At which point you're tempted to say "You're right. We do have three beds. Go sleep on them." Without putting the sheets back on. That's when they 'get' to have a 'campout' on their own beds.

I hate realizing there's anything in the way of the kids going to bed.

Robin said...

I hate the realization, right at bedtime or well past, that I have washed the sheets but not dried them. At least you didn't make THAT mistake. :)