Thursday, January 31, 2008

10 Things I love about You: Part 2

As I was looking through some of my old blogs I noticed I did a blog about why I love each of my kids. I realized I need to add to that. I need to add why I love Tim. Here we go...and in no specific order

1. He is so creative. He makes me proud and blows me away with the great ideas he has. What is even better is he is creative about so many things, from his art work, to how to motivate our kids to do chores, from decorating the house to our Christmas cards. From how to chose names for our kids to what to have for dinner.

2. He puts up with my many "crushes" . Tim is either totally patient or very secure of how deserving he is of my love and knows that he is at the top of my crush list no matter who else may be on it. He not only puts up with my crushes he humors me about them. For Christmas he got me autographed pictures of three of my favorite actors. This is not uncommon behavior for him. What a stud!

3. He thinks like I do. Not always but in so many ways we think alike. Especially in the things that matter most. I knew it the day I read his article and didn't even know I would meet much less marry the guy. After 10 years I still say we think alike. How can you not help but love someone who agrees with you in so many ways. Sometimes it seems like he is reading my mind and it freaks me out!

4. He makes me laugh. Tim has said many times that one of the reasons he loves me is because I laugh at all his jokes. He has the ability to say something that I know I should be mad about but says it in a way that just cracks me up. We also seem to have the same sense of humor so he doesn't have a hard time guessing what will make me laugh.

5. He is a great dad. Tim has undying patience. He loves to be with the kids and to do fun stuff with them. I love that when I leave the kids with him, I know they are in good hands. Perhaps better hands than mime. He has the same philosophies of parenting as I do so we are almost always in agreement when it comes to how kids are corrected.

6. Tim is a responsible income earner. Tim works hard, he is responsible and I know I can count on him to do whatever he needs to do to take care of us. He is wise about the things he needs to be and is emotionally mature. He is cooperative and considerate so he doesn't tick off his coworkers. He is humble enough that if he ever lost his present job he wouldn't be holding out for a managerial position, although he would probably get one.

7. Tim is a righteous priesthood holder. I won’t say he is perfect because if I did you would know I was lying, no one is, but he sure tries. He knows what is important. He encourages me to choose the right and is always trying to himself. He works hard at his callings and respects his priesthood leaders. He blesses our home with his humble leadership style and honors his Priesthood.

8. He is a Romantic spouse. Tim makes me feel loved and appreciated. He does it in a personal way too. He doesn't just give me flowers and jewelry, THANK GOODNESS! (He knows me well enough to know I don't like that cliché stuff). On my first birthday together he gave me a bouquet of flowers and he gave me a poem explaining the meaning of each flower's color and he tied my engagement ring into that poem when he gave me that. Usually he gives me other things though. He gives me the book I have been wanting or makes me a dress, plans surprises, but most of all he lets me know that he would rather be with me than anyone else.

9. He is always excited about learning something new. He loves to learn new things, and try new things. He is always taking new classes or trying a new hobby. I tease him about his many kits...first aid, photography, art, 72 hour, but wow...how handy is THAT? He knows how to do SO MUCH stuff and he knows so many interesting things. If he doesn't know how to do something, he will learn. He is a jack of many trades and he is one fascinating man. The boy sews and cooks. . . VERY WELL, what more need I say?

10. Ummmm how do I put this...lets just say "I know what he can do with his little finger" (and so much more), and I am impressed.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey Kristin! Nice to see the new posts. I like your ten things about your spouse. You and Timothy are so fun to hang out with. The conversations are always intersting and usually quite intelligent. ;)

Kristin said...

Thanks Rebekah. We enjoy hanging out with you guys too. The conversations are always intelligent and usually quite interesting. :^)

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha, exactly. :D