Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Don't Kiss and Tell

Last week, as I was walking Lincoln home from Kindergarten, a girl walks by with her dad and calls
"Hi Lincoln!"
He responded and then I asked him what her name was. He then yells
"What's your name?"

(This is the same girl who on the first day of School Lincoln tells me just as he comes out of class
"There is only one cute girl in my class, and that's her". )

She answers (I will keep her anonymous for her sake and Lincoln's)
Then Lincoln goes on to say. . .loud enough for the girl and her father to hear
"I like her! I love her! When I grow up I want to marry her!"
After a pause he whispers,
"I kissed her in school"
He later told me
"I was just kidding."

Yesterday at the School carnival the same girl was in line behind us. Thankfully with her friend's family and not her parents. I overheard her tell her friend
"Lincoln kissed me, right on the lips!" She seemed pretty darn proud.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her friend responded to her
"You shouldn't say that so loud!"
WOW! Are we in such trouble!!!! I can't say I didn't see that one coming though. When Lincoln wants something he gets it. I imagine the same thing goes with the girls.

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh wow! That is so funny! I didn't think you had to worry with this stuff until middle school. Yikes, I'll have to watch Spencer carefully because he does like to flirt sometimes with older women and he has though big eyes and long Stanley eyelashes.

Sarah said...

I enjoy that not only does he know what he wants, he kissed her without really knowing her name!

Unknown said...

Oh man, you're in trouble. That is a great story, and I love that picture-- what little girl wouldn't want to kiss that face?

Andrea B. said...

Funny!!! I'm glad you have the kisser, and not me. I don't think Ashton would be brave enough to kiss a girl at school.

Shell said...

I'd better not tell Kaes about this. It'll break her heart.

CarrieAnne said...

The Kid is also a playground kisser. I' am never letting her hang out with Lincoln.

Trooly said...

I'm jealous; you got the kinder kisser, and I got the kinder face-slapper!