Thursday, September 25, 2008

Toilet Training here we come!

This morning I made a decision. I don't know if it is because Sam seems ready or I am finally ready but I have decided it is time to potty train Sam. I will at least give it a good try. If it is easy I would be a fool not to just get it done with. Sam has the kind of personality that I could see this going quickly. He seems eager to please. We also seem to be able to have decent conversations. I think potty training requires in a big part, the ability to communicate. We went to Wal-mart today and bought the little boy underwear. Now I am entering a higher level of commitment.
In the midst of the busy day I kind of decided to wait 'til tomorrow to start. As I was changing his diaper though he said
"No, I want underwear!" so that is how he went to Pack Meeting. No accidents yet! As he was getting out of the car he said
"I show my underwear to my friends"
I said "No, you don't show your underwear to people. That isn't nice." Then he clairified.
"No, I show it to my little friends!" At least he is proud. Hopefully that motivates him.
This should be quite the adventure. It always is.

2 comments:

Amber Rae said...

I have been trying to decide if I was ready for such commitment too with Topaz. I think he knows what to do on the potty but he also uses the potty as an excuse to stay up later, not get dressed for Sunday ect. We'll have to see how ambitous I feel. Congradulations to Sam though!!!!!

Rebekah said...

Good luck Sam!!! And hang in their Kristin. Love that he clarifies he'll show the underwear to his little friends.