Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Bears are Smarter than Humans


I say this for one reason. Bears sleep through the winter. I know this is instinct on their part and not intelligence. I would ask at this point, why couldn't God have created humans to have this instinct too but I think he has. I know that I don't want to get out of bed in the morning when it is cold outside . Do I act on these instincts? NO! For some stupid reason I think I would be better off getting up and out of my cozy bed to clean my house and feed my family. Maybe it is part of that huge portion of our brains that we don't use.

I think that if we as humans could admit to ourselves that we aren't so different from the bears we would all better off. Maybe if we could make an agreement to at least not expect others to get out of bed all winter (I think we could just limit hibernation time from January 1 to March 21 because Christmas is really worth being awake for) this human hibernation thing could work. Think of all the car accidents and illnesses and discomfort we would avoid. Are these 3 cold tedious months really worth being awake for? Let's be honest with ourselves.

No comments: