Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tagged again.

I was tagged by CarrieAnne and actually by Rebekah a while back but I used another blog to cover it. This one is a little more detailed and lengthy so this time I can't just say to "refer to blog #. . " Dangit.

What was I doing 10 years ago today? I was 4 months pregnant with Joseph. I am sure highly hormonal. I was also working as a market research telophone interviewer for Wirthlin Worldwide. I had only been working there for less than a month. Just graduated from BYU two months ago but didn't want to try and get a real job because I would only be working until Joe was born. One of my least favorite jobs ever. I did make some great friends with some of the other interviewers so I can't complain too much about that. I gained a lot of confidence from that job.

5 things on my to do list
1. Call someone to fix our countertop that we accidently caused to crack by putting a hot pan on it. I have called one place twice and they keep saying their boss will call me back. Well tough. He has lost my interest.

2. I am going to have to find 3 young women to babysit for the next enrichment. Yeah...that calling I thought had to do with making a cook book. I guess I heard some untrue gossip. My job? Enrichment babysitting arranging. SHOOT ME NOW! 2 good things about that I guess. 1st. Enrichment meetings are only 4 times a year. 2nd, I get to know the young women and find out which ones really like to babysit. That could simplify my life a little. I plan on bribing them with home made brownies.

3. Vaccum...with red carpets in the living room and the master bedroom...vaccuming is pretty important.

4. Researching what to do in Seattle so we know we are doing it for sure this May. I am totally sure there is more than enough to do just off of the top of my head but Tim is concerned so I need to put his mind at ease.

5. Catch up on folding laundry. There are piles of (clean) laundry in our bedroom and the laundry room. I have been way too distracted by the great weather to be able to sit down and do it this week.

What would I do with a billion dollars?
1.I would travel the world.
2 Pay off debts
3 Donate enough money to a private school of my choice to make the process of my admission to their MSW program a lot smoother.
4 Buy myself a cute little car
5. Watch this clip to see what I probably wouldn't do.


5 Places I have lived
1. San Jose, California (0-7 1/2 years old)
2. Wiesbaden, Germany , in a little outskirts town called Breckenheim. What a great little town to grow up in.
3. Chicago Illinoise, on my mission. Such suberbs as Crystal Lake, Chicago Heights, Round Lake, DeKalb, and Aurora
4. Provo, Utah- in Deseret Towers and Wymount Terrace.
5. Springville 132 S. 200 E. Cute house. The greatest joys about it were I finally had a dish washer and washing machine and dryer of my own. What a huge step of convenience those were and still are.
and Orem now

5 Jobs I have had
1, Some summer hire program job in Frankfurt Germany. Some contracting thing I didn't know a whole lost about. Great co-workers though When I was 15 years old
2. Summer hire job again. This time more meaninful to me. I worked in the Social Work office at the Frankfurt American Military Hospital. Worked with counselors. I believe that has had some influence on what I want to do with my future although at the time I don't think it interested me. I was 17 at the time.
3. Cleaned the visitors center (old BYU President's house) It was a small beautiful house that had been converted into offices and a visitors center. I cleaned it all by myself and it stayed quite clean so it was a pretty cush job. Got a lot of sleep and homework done!
4. Temporary position interviewer for Research information division of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. Our job was to interview LDS couples as to how they met. Sound like a sweet job? It was. I absolutely loved it. They were looking to see how helpful singles wards and singles functions were in helping LDS young single adults meet and marry other YSA.
5. Coder for Wirthlin World wide. A few years after I worked there as an interviewer, acutally when I was pregnant with Elisabeth, I worked at the same place as an coder. I got the job through a friend I made when I worked as an interviewer. She moved on the corporate ladder while I was home with Joe. When I wanted a job she told me about an open position and gave me a good recomendation. Much more interesting and pleasent job. I made a lot of stupid little mistakes I think because of my pregnant brain but they never fired me.

6. 5 Things people don't know about me.
1. When I was a kid and saw POltergeist in the theater, it blew my mind. I set up the furniture in my dollhouse to look like their house and played out the story with my dolls. I was a strange child..Or perhaps it was just how I dealt with it.
2. I have always had crushes with the unatainable actors from a very young age (around 7). Crushes I had and in this order include Larry Wilcox who played John, Poncherello's partner on Chips, Mark Hamill- Luke Skywalker, Christopher Reeve- Superman, Jameson Parker - AJ Simon from the 80's show "Simon and Simon", Sam Jones-Flash Gordon on "Flash Gordon",Micheal J. Fox- Alex on "Family Ties", Kyle Mclaughlin- Paul Atreides on"Dune", Ralph Macchio- "Karate Kid"Matthew Brodderick- "Lady Hawke" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", Robert Hays- Striker on"Airplane" and "Starman", Brian Boitano the figure skater, (yeah I know..but I didn't then), Christopher Walken-John Smith on "The Dead Zone" I kind of grew up when I went to BYU, but not as much as I would like to say I did. Everyone who knows me knows that list hasn't necessarily stopped but now they are just eye candy. Tim is my hugest crush and and yes I had crushes on guys I knew personally through those years too.
3. I used to like to design fashions. Especially wedding dresses. I was very entranced with the whole British Royalty, Princess Diana and Fergie thing when I was a kid and it inspired my fashion designing and writing. Very scary!
4. I was a "Tomb Raider" and "Never Winter Nights" junkie back before I had 4 kids. I played them for days on end. I loved them both. Perhaps again some day.
5. We spent most of our summers growing up in Germany in Italy. We loved sitting on the grass in the plasa where the leaning tower of Pisa sat and watching the tourists run from building to building looking exsausted and rushed. We also loved playing in the Mediteranean Sea. Another hightlight of Pisa was "Pisa Alight" when they lined the whole city with candles one night, had food and music everywhere. They had the most incredible fireworks show I will ever see. An incredible atmospher of family and festivities. Other favorite places I visited were Florence, Venice, Pompeii, and the countries of Switzerland, and Holland.

If you are tagged you have to answer these questions for yourself and tag 5 more people.
I tag:
Rebekah (I know you already were tagged but this one asks more info..you can leave off the last one since you did that question before)
Andrea
Tim
Joe
Lis (if she hasn't been already..I don't remember if you are CarrieAnne's list or no)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to play Doom and Quake all the time before I had kids. I don't think I'd be good at it anymore though. But yes, I've already done this one. I've Been Tagged