Monday, February 04, 2008

Welcome to the New First Presidency!



I am SO excited about the new First Presidency! I loved Hinkley, but I love Monson, Eyring and Uchtdorf. When I found out Uchtdorf was the new 2nd Counselor I cried. I spoke in my last blog about how Hinkley's absence made me feel a little shaken since he has been the President when both of my Parents died and most of my adult years. A constant comforting presence. Uchtdorf has an even closer connection with my parents and my past. What a comfort it gives me. And what a joy to be a name dropper. :^)

I lived in Wiesbaden Germany for 10 years (1980-1990). We were in the Frankfurt Servicemans stake. President Uchtdorf was the President of the Frankfurt Stake during some of these years. Although he wasn't our Stake President, we knew of him and my parents met him. Not to mention that just hearing the German accent makes me feel at home. I was excited when he was called as an apostle and am surprised and delighted by his call to the first Presidency. This morning I thought it would be wonderful if he was the new counselor but he was so new, I didn't even think to hope.

All three of them are my favorite speakers. Uchtdorf in particular always gives such great analogies of the gospel and how it helps us in life. Eyring's talk "Oh Remember, Remember" was my favorite talk this last conference. Monson has always been my favorite story telling speaker. He is another constant presence in my life. I will love learning from our new prophet President Monson and his counselors and apostles as I did President Hinkley. I am so thankful to have a prophet and apostles who lead us with love and help keep us safe in this world.

No comments: