Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day

(Thank you again David for another great picture to illustrate my Blog!)

Valentines Day was great! I have a lot of people to thank for it too. I spent some time with Tim at Brigham Young University's Science Fiction/Fantasy Symposium "Life the Universe and Everything." Other than the pains you can expect would come with attending such an event with a 2 and a 5 year old, it was great. Orson Scott Card, the author of two of my favorite books ("Ender's Game" and "Wyrms"), is a guest speaker this year.


We ate lunch at the "Indian Palace" lunch buffet on Center Street in Provo. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It is one of our favorites. I will give more info on that in another blog.


When we got home I remembered how frustrating it is when kids get home from school on Valentine's Day because they come home with all their candy. I get to hear Lincoln and Sam complain that Elisabeth and Joe wont share their candy, which means in their language, "Joe and Elisabeth wont give me all of their candy!" because they do share within reason. This isn't enough for them though.


Imagine how thankful I was when within moments of my kids getting home from school, we got a knock at the door and it was Lincoln's primary teaacher with a goodsized bag of assorted Valentine candy's for him. She must have kids of both school age and preschool age is all I can say. Even perfect timing. If she had come earlier the candy would be gone by the time Joe and Elisabeth got home and it wouldn't have had the same effect. Thank you primary teachers ! I hope I remember that if I ever teach that age group in primary. What about Sam you might ask? Well, Lincoln in his thrill of being included in the candy showers was more than generous with his candy. What a stud. He even put the candy down to do the cleaning we had asked him to do right before there was a knock at the door. He didn't even have to be reminded!

Tim's co-worker babysat for us (Her husband was out of town for Valentine's Day so she was kind enough to serve us instead) so we could go to a Dinner and Dance at the Center Street Musical Theater. Thank you Abby! Good food and fun atmosphere. Fun dancing and great Company! (Tim) We finished the evening with a cup of cocoa from Borders Bookstore. Thank you Tim for a great Valentine's Date!

Weednesday, I heard another pretty song by Linkin Park(like "Shadow of the Day"), though depressing(also like "Shadow of the Day") . Since it is titled "Valentines Day" I will include it on this blog entry. Enjoy!


No comments: