Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Joseph!

Today my little boy (oldest child) becomes a two-digit. He turned 10 years old today. He seems so grown up. I am so proud of who he has grown up to be. He is a very thoughtful, intelligent and responsible kid. He loves Weird Al, The Old "Pink Panther" Series (with Peter Sellers), Mystery Science Theater 3000 Brian Regan, Simpsons, science and history. We love his sense of humor. He is really good at doing magic tricks, playing with Yoyos, school and playing with his little sister. We can always count on him to make sure Lincoln and Sam are following us in the store and gets way freaked out if they don't. Joe is a great listener and empathiser. If something bad happens to someone he lets them know he cares . . like when I made a cobbler to bring to a friends birthday party and dropped it in the drive way as we are getting in the car. . he sayed "Mom, I am sorry that happened to you". I kind of got a hint of this empathy one time when I was having a bad day about a week after Elisabeth was born. Joe was 2 years old. I was way overwhelmed and trying to put him down for a nap. I started crying in frustration when he didn't seem to want to. When he saw that I was crying something seemed to register in his understanding and he looked sad for me. He then climbed in his bed and went to sleep. Joseph I am sooo proud you are my kid.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday, Joe! You too Kristin. ;)