Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My mind and other misplaced items.

Have you ever made one of those mistakes where the result isn't so horrible. . . it's just the fact that you just realized how clueless you can be? Now THAT is a tragedy!
I felt so proud of myself signing up our Webelos for day camp way back in April. I felt less proud when I realized later that day that I scheduled it for the last day of my kids swim lessons. . . or maybe it was the other way around. . . anyway. . . I feel EVEN less proud today when I realized I signed our Webelos up for Cub day camp instead of Webelos day camp. AAARGHH! I know probably not a big deal.The primary president said "They are different?" so easy mistake to make I realize. It looks like there are still openings for that day for Webelos day camp and the Cub camp looks more fun anyway if we can't do the other. The kids get to make swords at the Cub one and not the Webelo one. That is reason enough alone to just boycott the the Webelo day camp anyway.
The tragedy is that I KNEW they were different! I went to Webelos day camp with Tim once. I know they are seperate entities. WHY WHY WHY? What turned off in my brain that day? The tragedy here is that I can turn off my brain so easily or even worse, it can turn itself off. When I called Tim I was obviously seconds from bursting into tears and he said "First of all DON"T PANIC!" Scout camp isn't what I am panicing about.
I think the same thing happens when we lose stuff. It isn't that we HAVE to have the item we are looking for. It is just that we KNOW we put it in a GREAT place. We remember feeling so organized when we put it there. We aren't looking for the item so much as for our minds!

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.