Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Misty Water Colored Memories

I have been having a blast the last few days. Tim's dad went in 50/50 on a slide scanner. My Mom took slides of some of the funnest trips of my childhood, multiple trips to Italy, Lake Chiemsee (Germany) and one to England. I havn't seen these slides since I was a teenager. Some I have never seen at all.

Those of you who don't know me well might say. . . How did she manage to do all that international traveling? My family lived in Germany from 1980 to 1990 so we had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling around Europe. Seeing all these pictures makes me so grateful for parents who took advantage of all these opportunities and exposed me to all this beautiful art and culture.

It is fun to see pictures of myself before my unfortunate perm phase that lasted about 8 years. I looked more like I do now when I was 11 then I did when I was 16. Happily my clothes and reading tastes have improved just a little, but my hair is about the same.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great picture. I LOVE going through old pictures. So much fun.

Andrea B. said...

Love the picture!!! Hey, we might need to borrow the slide scanner sometime - do ya mind?