Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's not a tumor, my in-laws are just in town!

I got a call from my Relief Society President today. She wanted to chat. I called her back dreading a calling or some kind of assignment. It turns out the she wanted to know how I was because she had heard I was sick. She had heard from two different sources in the ward that I had cancer. Wow! It is hard to hear you have cancer, but it is even harder to hear from your ward members. I would think that I would be the first one to know. . or at least a doctor but I haven't even been to the doctor in a year. . . This is quite a shock to me! Geez!

This ward must be pretty serious about church activity. I skip Sunday school and Relief Society two weeks in a row because of Tim's family being in town and everyone thinks I am dealing with cancer. I called my visiting teacher to make sure she didn't think I was sick. Appearently she had heard the rumor and was worried about me too. If I were even just a little bit sick, never mind cancer. . I can assure you I would be skipping Sacrament Meeting too!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cancer? Wow! That's very bizarre! I wonder how that idea got started.

Kristin said...

There is a daughter of a member of our ward who moved into the ward, I think her name is Christine and she DOES have cancer. Her mom is in scouts like I am . . maybe there was a mix up. . hmmmm

Rebekah said...

That is so strange. At least your ward is on top of it's membership attendance. Ours is so huge and in flux during the summer that we could be gone for three months and few people would notice.

Robin said...

Ok, that is seriously funny! Of course, it wouldn't be if you really DID have cancer, but your ward members passing around a rumor like that...geez. My first thought after reading the title was that there was a rumor going around that you were pregnant. HA HA HA HA HA

CarrieAnne said...

I've gotten pregnant that way. But never cancer. ;-)

Kristin said...

Rebekah, I agree, it was comforting that if I did have cancer, they would be calling me.

Andrea B. said...

Wow - what an interesting rumor to be going around your ward. I'm so sorry to hear you have cancer. I'll inform Tim that he should have let his office know so we could offer your family more support.