Sunday, August 17, 2008

Things I didn't do on my summer vacation

Ok...so noone cares about my successes . . . that is fine...noone likes a braggart. I can understand that and no hard feelings. I know what you are all waiting for. The failures of the summer and here you are:
1. I did not take my kids to the park even once a week. Two weeks in a row I managed to have a picnic in the park but that is about it.
2. I didn't manage to get out of bed before 10 am on most days
3. I didn't feed my kids any fancy breakfasts. Actually for a good percentage of the summer they didn't get any breakfasts. If my youngest can manage to make himself a honey sandwich I figure the kids can scrounge for themselves if I am still in bed. I often would get up and say."..ok time to get to work and do chores." My kids of course would say. . . "But we are hungry." They knew cereal was on the menu. They know how to get it...but they also know how it works. Play all morning til mom gets up...then when she says it is time for chores...THEN complain of hunger. NICE!
4. I did not read to my kids very much. Didn't go to the library weekly either.
5. Last summer I had a weekly movie with Mom. That didn't happen this summer. I don't know why. Just lazy.
6. I didn't make the kids go on a walk every day but usually they had t0 spend at least an hour outside. Not every day though
7. I didn't make the kids do workbooks every day.
8. I didn't do my "hour with mom" with each kid every week more than once this summer.
9. I didn't lose 10 lbs to reach my usual summer weight. I pretty much stayed at a weight I have never been at except when pregnant. NO. I am not pregnant
10. I did not help my kids make christmas presents so we wont be doing it all in December. We didn't even start. I planned on doing at least on craft a week. . Wow! Summer goes fast!!!!!
I guess I did do some good things though:
1. Started a great habbit of jogging and lifting weights every morning.
2. Taught the kids to do a lot of chores and had myself a great house cleaning team to help me out because of it.
3. Had a great vacation to Washington, that I feel good planning had a lot to do with.
4. Read some great books
5. Learned to love summer like never before.
6. Had some fun Girls nights/days out with friends
7. Had some good manicure/pedicure sessions with Elisabeth
8. Watched a lot of great magic tricks performed by Joe
9. Learned to live with cats.
10. Had a lot of fun with my In-laws
All things considered a great summer. I look forward to a great fall as well.

2 comments:

Amber Rae said...

I loved your blog. I don't even dare to make a list of everything I mean to do but don't. You had some very great accomplishments though! Survived a month of in laws! Impressive!

Rebekah said...

I agree. Your list of accomplishments sounds fine to me, especially the one about organizing the cleaning crew at home. Impressive.

I say we petition for Christmas Eve Drawings to be made in June now instead of at Thanksgiving time. If I have to do one for the baby on the way this year then I'm going to need more time than the two weeks between Thanksgiving and having the baby! Either that or everyone expect to have Ben draft a will for you as your Christmas Eve present from any member of our family. :D