Thursday, August 28, 2008

It'll pass, and no doubt more quickly than it should.

I am having one of those days. You know. . .where I cannot force myself to touch the dishes piled in my sink, or laundry piled in their hampers. I just feel unmotivated, fried and overwhelmed. No really good reason. I don't feel sad, just unproductive. I feel like there is no way I can do all that I should today so why even try. Ever have one of those days?

What is annoying about it is, I know how I can make myself feel better. I could be playing with my kids instead of letting them watch PBS all afternoon, I could be tackling those clothes and dishes and I would probably feel better within minutes. Instead I do the things that do nothing to improve my state of mind. Stare at the computer checking e-mails repeatedly, checking blogs repeatedly, eating food even though I am not hungry and playing daytime TV. Laying awake on a couch when I am not tired but gosh darn it. I KNOW I need a nap!

I am feeling like a failure because, today...really I am. And I am refusing to do anything to fix the situation. . . Today. The good thing is we all have these days and tomorrow will probably be better. The fact it will be Friday and the beginning of a 3 day weekend wont hurt either.

I love what Mr. Bennett says about his despair at one point in "Pride and Prejudice" I say the same for myself.
"I am heartily ashamed of myself. . . But don't despair; it'll pass, and no doubt more quickly than it should. "

2 comments:

Andrea B. said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Tomorrow will be better. Good luck! And sometimes you just need a break - enjoy it, don't nag yourself about it.

Rebekah said...

Exactly. We've all had the days where you don't accomplish anything. The loafing days.