Friday, October 10, 2008

A Cold by any other Name


The last few days I have been suffering from a really stuffy nose, headaches, sneezing attacks, a scratchy throat, and most recently a cough. Up until a few years ago I would have said I have a cold. You treat colds with rest and liquids right? I don't know if I was just ignorant, or my parents were ignorant, but I had never heard of such a thing as a "sinus infection" until I moved to Utah. It sounds so sinister.

I really feel like what I have is a cold and that is what it should be called but I have had friends describe similar illnesses and call it a "Sinus Infection." I hear they take antibiotics to treat it. I never would have dreamed of taking an antibiotic for a "cold". I hope I never have to. My body is already pumped with antibiotics from other infections that I enjoy on a frequent and regular basis. Whatever this thing is called, I call it misery.

1 comment:

CarrieAnne said...

If you bend over to pick something up and you have pain so bad you might pass out...it's a sinus infection. ;-) That's how I tell them apart at least.