Saturday, October 11, 2008

Elisabeth's Baptism

My daughter was baptized today! What a nice meeting it was too. Tim performed the baptism and confirmed her. What a blessing it is to have a worthy priesthood holder for a husband. Thank you Tim.

My brother David gave the Holy Ghost talk and used her very special blankie (that we secretly brought with us this morning) for his talk. She was quite thrilled to see it. I asked him to give the talk because he gave the Holy Ghost talk at my baptism so many years ago and did such a great job :) Thanks David! Eric, you have two and a half years to get ready for Lincoln's baptism. Both of my brothers were able to witness and participate in her confirmation. On Tim's side his Grandma was able to come for which we were very grateful. The rest of his family are all in different states. Most of our friends were able to come. Friends and family sure helped a lot in managing my smaller kids. THANK YOU! I was really worried about it from past baptism expereiences so I am more grateful than you can know.

I was able to do a little more for her baptism because I was able to help her dry off and get dressed up again afterwards. I wont get to do that with the boys. That was special for me.
We celebrated with her choice of resturants for lunch. Doc's Pizza Buffet.
Congratulations Elisabeth! We are so proud of you!

6 comments:

Robin said...

What a wonderful post and picture! Congratulations to Elisabeth! I never really thought about how special it is for a mother to get to help her daughter, because she cannot really do that with her boys, can she? Anyway, I am glad that you had a wonderful baptism day with your daughter, your family and friends.

Rebekah said...

What a wonderful day Elisabeth! We are so sad we can't be there for events like this. I look forward, with a little trepidation , to the day Ben can baptize our children. Not sure I want them that old too quickly though.

Sarah said...

I'm glad you were able to have your brothers with you! It is special to be with your daughter on her baptism, very nice sentiments.

Trooly said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Elizabeth!!! What a special mother-daughter time--makes me a little wistful...

Amber Rae said...

Congradulations! How wonderful!!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations Elisabeth! I did feel a little left out that I couldn't be with my son the moment after his baptism. I look forward to that opportunity with my one daughter too.