Wednesday, May 07, 2008

13 Years Ago Today

Tim and I studying outside at Deseret Towers, in the first month or two of our relationship

13 years ago today I was sitting in the Morris Center( Deseret Towers dorm's commons area with tv lounge, help desk and cafeteria) , about to eat dinner with my friends when a nice (and cute) guy sat down next to me on the couch and introduced himself as Tim Stanley. I wrote in my journal that night: "A guy named Tim flirted with me" I was cocky wasn't I? I guess that was one of the things I have liked about Tim from the beginning. I have always felt confident and likable around him. Everything I ever dreamed for my future family started happening that day.

We like living so close to where we spent those beginning exciting courtship days. Numerous times we have gone to the old spot right outside the girls dorm where we used to hang out and. . . snuggle, to celebrate our anniversaries. Unfortunatly, they are in the process of tearing down Deseret Towers. Sniff. We were there one day when there was a pile of building rubble. Tim grabbed a few peices for sentimental reasons. One small brick is in our master bedroom. Another bigger corner piece is in our garden. It is our Deseret Towers Memorial. Are we sentimental fools or what?
The Deseret Towers Memorial. It looks nice with all the foliage around it doesn't it? Kind of like old ruins. (Sp?)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great picture! And I LOVE the bricks, very sentimental, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Robin said...

I think that is very, sniff, special. No, seriously, I think that's great that you guys have a piece of history that is important to you. Hey, I wish I had a piece from DT, although it wouldn't mean QUITE as much to me. I am sad that I won't be able to show my kids where I lived during my first couple years at BYU. They should have torn down the Testing Center instead.

Sarah said...

I'll miss DT. You can't build such ugly buildings on purpose. We had some great times there.

Heidi said...

Putting the corner piece in your yard is so sweet! Our BYU days are definitely worth remembering!