Friday, May 09, 2008

Electromagnetism Sucks!

Today while I was doing the dishes, Sam was in the living room, out of my sight. I could hear him getting really agitated about something and would get really fussy every few seconds. I wondered if he was stuck or something. I didn't check for a few minutes, not because I am a neglectful mother, but because I REALLY wanted to finish my dishes and I recognized his cry as one of frustration and not real anxiety. Besides he kept starting and stopping every few seconds. I finally went to see what was the matter. This is what I found.

What brought this sadness upon my poor little boy? Sam was playing with Joe's Magnetix (Magnetic building toys.) He was getting really frustrated when they wouldn't stick together because he was putting the wrong ends together. He was trying to make a long string of them at first and that sometimes worked, sometimes didn't and it was making him "kind of T-Od!"

Then he was putting them on their ends and trying to pick them up. Some of them of course picked up and others that had the wrong end up were just pushed over. I showed him how you have to use the right ends together or they push apart instead of sticking together. Unfortunatly he was frustrated when I left again to do more dishes and wanted me to continue to"fix it". Yeah I wish I had that much power over the laws of physics.

Poor guy. This world can be a frustrating place with all it's laws and rules! I don't know if he could be a scientist really, he gets way too emotionally involved. Sounds like the makings of great mad scientist though.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yup, looks like a Sandberg to me! :)