Saturday, May 10, 2008

13 Years Ago Today- Part 2

Tim and I at BYU Homecoming Fall 1995
13 years ago today it was Open house at Deseret Towers (BYU Dorms.) This meant the girls could go to the boys dorm rooms for a few hours or the boys could go to the girls. I decided that this week I would visit with some guys I had met the week before. They had invited me to watch "Sliders"with them that night. One of those guys is still a very good friend of ours. I went to the boys' dorm a little early and thought I would go and visit this Tim Stanley guy who I had met a few days ago. He seemed very nice. I checked the map to see where he was living and it turned out to be the room I had met the boys in the week before. For some reason he wasn't there that time.

I went with my friends, they gave me emotional support and it seemed more like we were just roaming the halls and less like I was coming just to see him. He seemed happy to see me but then he excused himself to go get his laundry. My friends left too. I was kind of relieved. I looked at his music collection and saw a lot of my favorite music. He wasn't gone long. When he came back I asked if I could look at his music collection. That got the conversation going. Already we had something in common. Talking to him was so incredible. It was so easy and he was so interesting. Even better he seemed to find me interesting. I left an hour and a half later on cloud 9. There was chemistry and there was no denying it. That night in my journal I wrote about our meeting: "It was magic!" A year and a day later we were married. The magic and chemistry we enjoy together still amaze me.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I totally know what you mean about "magic and chemistry." Isn't it great?

When I met John, I knew right away that he and I would be happy together. We get along so well! After 11 years of marriage, I can not imagine living without him.