Sunday, March 02, 2008

Battle of the Pants


I have "fat pants" and "skinny pants". Unfortunatly at the end of December all of my "fat pants" decided to grow holes in ackward places. So I threw all but two out. Now here I am trying to lose my holiday weight and in much need of "fat pants" and don't have enough. The debate I am having is do I buy more "fat pants" or have faith in myself that I can fit into my skinny pants soon enough that I wont keep getting stomach aches. I have two pairs of them so it isn't like I don't have any. I have been exercising the last two weeks so my hopes are high that my skinny pants will someday fit nicely again but it isn't happening nearly as fast as I would like.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

That is a dilemma. I would recommend buying another pair of cute fat pants as a reward for sticking to your diet for a certain amount of time. It's no fun beating yourself up for not getting into shape fast enough and if you set reachable goals with nonfood related rewards it really helps you stay motivated. And what isn't more motivating than a cute new pair of pants? Who knows, by the time you buy them they may be intermediate between your fat and skinny pants and that would be cause enough to celebrate and buy a second pair. ;) Man I'm good. I should be a life coach or something. Hee hee.

Kristin said...

Rebekah, You ARE good. That is a great idea. Thanks! What a great idea. The only problem (which may make people want to slap me for being so uptight and calling one fat and one skinny..but to me they are worlds apart) is that my fat pants and my skinny pants are only a size apart so there wouldn't be an intermediate. Is that totally rediculous?

Andrea B. said...

This is always the dilemma. I feel for you. I usually end up having to give in an buy more pants. Good luck!!

Rebekah said...

Try going to a store that sizes their clothes differently when buying your reward pants. I have noticed some of the brands at Target are sized very different. I bought a pair of pants there that is three sizes smaller than I normally wear. On days when I feel fat I wear those pants because they make me feel better. You should shop there for your reward pants. :D