Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Lincoln!

Today is Lincoln's birthday. He turns 5 and I am excited. I love age 4 and 5 because they are getting more logical and more interesting to talk too and they seem to mellow out quite a bit too. At the same time they hold on to the cuteness of a little child for just another year or two.

Last night we took him to see "The Body", an I-Max film at the Clark Planearium. He is really into learning about what is inside his body right now and how everything works. He thought it was pretty cool. I am not sure it was worth the cost unless you are doing it for a birthday present for your kid. We are going to take them to see the "Sesame Street: The Body" exhibit next month for Sam's birthday. We took Lincoln to the same museum for his 3rd Birthday.

Last night was a celebration for me too. I realized how free I felt. I wasn't carrying any kids or even pushing a stroller. Sam not only could do the stairs on his own, he demanded it. FREEDOM! For the past almost 10 years I have not been with out a kid 2 and a half or younger in tow and heavily pregnant at the same time. I am liking this stage of my life A LOT!


My first indication of Lincoln's personality was when he was a baby and when I wanted to change him he would run from me, but he would look back and laugh the whole time. He likes to be in charge but he is a pretty nice (but determined) boss. He gets what he wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. . . . again, and again. . . and again. He doesn't take no for an answer, but he can be very sweet and generous and is very affectionate.
When we went camping and hiking last summer, he appeared to be in his element and loved every minute of it. So he shares that with me and I am thrilled. He is a fun kid to watch grow up. Whatever he decides to be when he does grow up, I think he will do very well at it. Happy birthday my thumbsucking, hair twirling friend. You are truly an adventure.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your children are so cute! It was fun looking at your blog and seeing what you guys are up to!

Heidi Niepraschk Monteith

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Lincoln! Can't believe he's five and that Lauren will be too. Where does the time go. Such a cute boy. Many things you wrote about him remind me of Spencer, especially the running away but looking over the shoulder smiling.

Kristin said...

Heidi! Good to hear from you! How did you come to find my blog? I googled your name and saw your family. Let me know how things are going for you. Fun to hear you have 3 boys and girl too. What a great mix. Keep in touch!