Thursday, March 13, 2008

One of those days


I can tell already it is going to be (another) one of those days. It started when I ran over Joe's skateboard as I backed out of the drive way to go to Moms and Muffins. I heard a crunch and got out to see it had been chopped in half. GREAT! Then I hurt Tim's feelings and I wont go into detail how because I don't want everyone to know what a truly selfish jerk I can be.

The bad start of the day. . . (those two things before 8am even) plus a rainy gray day and starting to get deeply into a good book tell me that the baskets of clean laundry I was sure would finally get taken care of today will still be waiting for me tomorrow.

The high point of today is that I have found a real treasure of a book and this morning I got to the point where I am really in it and have a hard time putting it down. "Suite Francaise" is set in World War II. It was written by Irene Nemirovsky, an author who lived and died in that era. She actually wrote at least part of the book in a concentration camp and died there. It is SOOO good. I had been repeatedly considering that book at Borders but didn't have the courage to actually buy it until I read a review. I think it is going to be one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats so funny, well not the first part, but I have been looking at that book at amazon and trying to decide if I should read it. If you love it, I'll do it!