Friday, March 21, 2008

The Joyous Moments of Motherhood.

It is days like these that make it amazing our kids make it to another birthday.

Moms, tell me you have not had to deal with this yourselves. This morning Sam was carrying around Elisabeth's scarf wanting to wear it like a cape. I told him he could when I changed him out of his pjs. After changing the boys clothes Lincoln had gotten ahold of the scarf. I started putting it on him and of course Sam was upset and I told Lincoln I was sorry but I had promised it to Sam. He threw a tizzy of course. So I found Joe's cape and asked Lincoln if he wanted to wear that instead...he said "NO!" in no uncertain terms. I offered it to Sam who was more than happy to trade. So now Lincoln could have what he wanted and Sam was happy too. Unfortunately it wasn't that easy. Lincoln then chimes "I want Joe's cape!" and cried and wailed about it for an hour. AAAAAAAAAAAGH! I told him "You were offered it and you said no, you had your chance"...Then he tried another tactic. ."I said yes!" It is going to be one of those days. TGIF!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I can definitely relate to this! It's amazing how objects become so much more appealing once they know a sibling wants it!

Robin said...

Yes, every mother has days like this...only the episodes we have at our house involve violence or at least a good measure of wrath toward males. What is it they say about fury and a woman scorned? How did my daughter learn that at such a young age? (scratching my head over this one while I look in the mirror...)