Sunday, June 08, 2008

Back again

We left Tacoma Tuesday morning. Before we left Washington, however, it was time to humor Tim and his interests. Tim is a life long Dungeons and Dragons enthusiast. I am too, but not to the degree he is. We stopped in Renton to see the "Wizards of the Coast" headquarters. He felt a little sheepish just going into this big business building, so he brought Joe. Joe wasn't half as giddy and excited as Tim though so I think everyone saw right through his decoy. They actually had a museum and gift bag for visitors so it payed off for him in the end. They also had a huge dragon in the lobby. Elisabeth was bummed when they came out with a "goodies" bag, but that would have just meant more game cards sitting around the house.
We drove to Meridean Idaho and spent the night with Tim's brother Peter and his wife Eileen. They took good care of us too. Thanks Peter, Eileen, and Eileen's Grandpa! It felt so good to be in a house again. The kids were happy with toys and we got to have a little more space. I am amazed by how well I slept the entire vacation. Usually it takes me a night to get used to a new bed but I didn't have one single uncomfortable night. I was probably just so worn out all the time. We had breakfast at IHOP the next morning and drove home.

I am glad to be home for many reasons, but it was a fun vacation. Usually I come home so relieved it is over but not this time. It took me a day of "back to the grind" blues but I am enjoying having free laundry, kids spread out in a house instead of a car or 1 hotel room (right now we are all in the same room, probably smaller than a hotel room, go figure), living out of drawers instead of a suitcases, and homemade food. I acutally enjoyed cleaning my kitchen today. Usually I put that off until Monday morming. You can only clean a hotel room so much when there is no where to put things. I like the sunshine of Utah. It didn't rain until the day we left but we got a lot of grey. Nice to see a lot of bright blue.

I guess it is good to come home from a vacation wanting more right? I can see that as my kids are getting older trips are getting to be more fun. I am glad to say that I love Washington just as much after my second trip as I did after my first. Maybe more!

1 comment:

Andrea B. said...

I'm glad that trips get easier as the kids get older. I'm looking forward to that. It looks like it was a great family vacation!!!