Friday, June 06, 2008

The "Twilight" Tour-Forks and Olympic National Park-

As we drove to Forks, the timing of reading "Twilight" continued to be perferct as we read the chapter where Edward drove Bella back to Forks from Port Angeles as we took the exact same rout. I promise this wasn't planned either. We did a little touring of the town. The next day we saw some more of the Hoh National Forest and 1st and 2nd Beach in La Push. Here are some pictures of the sights mentioned in the book.

The School The Thriftway where she shopped The Hospital the Police Station where her Dad worked. La Push, 1st Beach, and 2nd Beach. I think if she had actually visited the place she probably would have staged the scene on 2nd Beach, it was quite a bit more remarkable.Hoh Rain Forest,
On the way out of 2nd Beach I found this silver Volvo parked next to our van and HAD to take a picture. It was actually pretty beat up and I don't see Edward driving a beat up Volvo, or this model or year either. It was also on the Quileute reservation and if I am correct. . .Edward isn't allowed anywhere near there.
While in Forks I ate a "Bella" Burger (meat patty on bun with swiss chesse and pinapple) at Sully's Burgers and the Subway there had it's own tribute to Twilight as well. I am not big on chicken sandwiches so I didn't get that one. It was really fun being in the town of Forks, but at the same time there was that empty feeling that none of it actually happned and the writer had never even seen the town when she wrote the book. Not empty enough to keep me from buying a "Forks Washington" hooded sweatshirt though, just for bragging rights.
Here is one more picture of my boys to finish off my Forks entry.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all of the planning you must have done for this vacation! We have never taken a vacation like this! You kids are going to remember this one FOREVER!

Andrea B. said...

Great blogs about your trip. I was wishing my family could have enjoyed the trip. Although I don't think Mike would have indulged me with the Twilight stuff like Tim did for you. I'm jealous.

Carol Chen said...

Hi! Awesome pics. Seems like you planned your trip really well. My friend and I are going to be in town for the Stephenie Meyer event in Seattle and we were thinking about taking a detour to Forks, but we're having trouble getting there. We can't rent a car, and the ferries to Port Angeles don't match up with our flight plans. Do you have any suggestions? You can find me at cachstardust@yahoo.com. Thanks!