Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Other Side of Elisabeth


Tonight we had an Enrichment night about beauty and modesty. It reminded me of one of Elisabeth's great strengths. I thought after picking on her I should praise her a little. Although as some of you argued, she should be praised for her intelligence too . When we took her to a developmental specialilst because she was still scooting on her bum instead of walking at 18 months he said not to worry about her. She was way ahead in her problem solving and linguistic skills. We certainly witness that now doen't we?

The meeting tonight reminded me of something that I think is really neat about her. She is very concerned about modesty. I hear all the time from her "Her dress is immodest" She seems to have a modesty radar built right in. She even points that a Disney Princess is "Pretty but immodest." When I see this I think I really should take heart. She is smart and can use it to her advantage, but she also seems to care about what is right and wrong too. She will go far. Ok so she is wearing a bathing suit in the picture above. Ironic, but she was swimming.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That is greatly reassuring and a wonderful thing to share about your daughter. I am always very pleased when my children show that they want to choose the right (even though they are young and hardly know what that means yet.) Awesome!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful girl! Sometimes the ones who exasperate us the most bring us the most joy.