Thursday, June 05, 2008

There and Back again- Getting there

We are back from our vacation to Washington at long last. It was a lot of fun. One of the best things about it was the huge variety of scenery and activities we enjoyed. I will spread out my blog travel log so it isn't too long trying to cover it all in one.

A few hours into our trip I pulled out my phone and saw that the screen was totally screwed up. I had just bought the phone two weeks ago exactly. We stopped in Boise to eat lunch with Tim's brother Peter and his wife Eileen. We stopped at a T-mobil store on the way out and asked them if there was anything they could do. They saw that it was the very last day of my "buyers remorse" period and asked if I had a receipt and the box. Yeah RIGHT! We asked if they could call the T-mobil store we got it at and get a receipt from them. . .they said they could. . .if their fax machine wasn't broken. They sent us 10 minutes up the road to another T-mobile store. When we got there they said they usually wouldn't do it since I didn't have the box and receipt but since the other store sent me all that way they would do it for me. They gave me the box and everything. I was pleased with their service.

Saturday night, the first night, we stopped in Irrigon, Oregon and spent the night at my highschool buddy Cori's house. We have been friends since the rocky highschool years. Even though she had been to my house a time or two I had never been to hers, or met her husband and her youngest boy. It was so fun to see where she lived and meet the family. She took good care of us with yummy homemade food, something we came to miss greatly in the next week and a half. It was fun to watch our sons bond instantly. Her oldest and my oldest seemed to be kindrid spirits. It was reat to see Cori and chat with her. I remember our dreaming about being wives and moms some day and here we were. I felt like we were playing house or something.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Fun to see old friends! That is neat that your kids hit it off.

Rebekah said...

Great Travel Log. I missed your blog entries while you were gone. The trip sounds like so much fun. I'm impressed you went alone into the city with four kids. I only took Spencer and Lauren into Chicago a couple times by myself and we always met Ben somewhere before too long anyway.