Monday, June 09, 2008

My little angel?


This morning I listened in on some master manipulation from my daughter. I sent Elisabeth to tell Joseph to come upstairs and empty the trash cans . A few minutes later I heard her tell Lincoln

"Lincoln, go tell Joe he has to empty the trash, then he will have to get off the computer and you can play on it" Not only was she getting Lincoln to do her bidding, she was teaching Lincoln how to get what he wanted too. GREAAT!

On our trip Elisabeth showed her talent to patronize as well. We were crossing the driftwood to get to the water part of the beach and Tim was hopping over the logs with Sam in his arms leaving me in the dust. I was envying him outloud for his surefootedness as apposed to my ackwardness. Elisabeth then says. "Mom, I don't think I am going to be a Mom like you but that's ok, its good to be careful." On the way back from the beach she kept telling me how good I was doing getting over the wood!!!!!!!!!!
Granted it is still kind of cute right now and it didn't bug me that much, it actually made me laugh . . but when she is a teenager?. . .I am afraid.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you should be afraid.

Robin said...

I think this is a natural instinct that everyone learns at some point. We all turned out OK, didn't we? I think you've just got a smart daughter. I bet your boys will learn from her. :)

Rebekah said...

She is definitely really smart. Lauren does a lot of stuff now that I really don't look forward to when she is a tween and teen.