Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How Stupid do you think I am?

First of all, please don't answer that question, I am NOT asking YOU! I am asking Joe's friends. Last Friday he was playing outside in front of our house with some kids from the culdesac on the other end of our dead end road. They asked if they could come in and I said yeah. Then it occured to me their parents may never think to look for them here since they never played at our house before. I asked them if they had a time they needed to be back and if their Mom's knew where they were. One kids said yes he needed to call his Mom. The other kid said
"My mom doesn't care where I am." I asked,
"Well, when do you need to be home?"
"Actually my Mom doesn't care when I get home. I don't have to be home until 10 O'clock PM"

This boy is an 8 year old. I know of his family from church. I don't think his mom doesn't care. I looked up his mom's number on the ward list and had him call her. When he did, guess what! He had to go home because it was dinner time. SURPRISE!

That would have been a great way to make friends in our culdesac. Keep him at our house 'til 10:00pm and not notify his mom where he was.
"But he said he didn't have to be home until 10:00pm and that you didn't care. It isn't my fault your son is a liar!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

All the kids from the cul de sac behind our house just go from random house to random house. It drives me nuts! I make my kids come tell me each time they leave one house and move on to another, which drives them nuts. But seriously . . . . 10pm?

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha! You should have totally called the boy a liar to his mom. That is the best way to make friends.

Wendeloo1 said...

I once thought the kids were kidnapped because a "Mom" (real Mom's call other Moms)didn't have my kids call me when they went to her house after school. They thought I wasn't home because the van wasn't parked in the driveway. I know I am holding a grudge, but this one is hard to forgive.