Thursday, April 10, 2008

IKEA beds do it better than Dad...or Mom

I am so tired. Last night, well actually this morning at 4am Sam woke up crying. I went to him and comforted and went back to sleep. He appeared to have had a bad dream. 20 minutes later, he cried again, this time he wanted his light on, and then again. This time I woke up Tim and asked him to check on him. He wanted Mommy appearently because Daddy would not do. I heard from my bed "NO, MOMMY!" (Sam said that, not Tim.) Great!

I went and talked to him again, he wanted his light off this time. A little disgusted by now, I told him he needed to stop this because I needed my sleep and so did he. He tried to be a trooper but he kept waking up crying and then falling asleep again. Tim said he probably was having nightmares about disaperaing Mom's because he seemed shocked when they got home and I wasn't in the car anymore. He was asleep when I got out of the car to join my friends for a girls night. What is this, punishment for ditching my family for my friends?

I finally went and slept in his bed with him. That was fun! He tried to turn on his light while I was there and I had to give him the ultimatum, me or the light. "but I like light." He finally caved. After some wacky dreams, strange sounds and smells coming from my 3 sons, Lincoln's light being on, and tossing and turning I decided to go back to my bed. I also decided after sleeping in Sam's bed that maybe it was time to change his quilt cover. It's in the washing machine right now.

Not much later Sam awoke and came to our bed. After about 1/2 an hour I asked him if I could take a shower as it was time to get up. I was sure he wouldn't give me up. . .but he said quite happily "OK". I don't know how to feel about that. Appearently Mom and Dad's bed with or without Mom will do just fine. This would be a good plug for IKEA beds I guess. When you have an IKEA bed who needs Mom? He is still sleeping in my bed and it is 10:30 a.m. He never sleeps in this late. The poor little guy. Wait. . . he is the one still asleep, in my bed no less. Poor me! ----- Original Message -----

5 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

It's not the bed. It's that it's YOUR bed. They feel safer in a parent's bed.

It's all a part of the "become cute while sleeping but don't let mom sleep" thing.

Robin said...

Oh man, don't you love it when your toddler has sleep issues? So frustrating... I hope you get to take a little snooze sometime in the day.

Unknown said...

I find it amazing how one little body can make it so difficult for you to sleep in your own bed. Adding just one kid to our bed makes it so that no one sleeps except the added kid.

Rebekah said...

It is definitely poor you, Kristin. I hope you got to take a nap.

Kristin said...

He slept 'til 11am. He was so tired. When he woke up I found out he was soaking wet. YIKES! His weren't the only sheets that got washed yesterday. I got to take a nap. Best of all we both slept much better last night.